Monday, September 19, 2005

Lovely Rita (not a meter maid!)

So many people want to retire to South Florida......why?? Here we are in the middle of September, with sweltering heat, an unreal amount of humidity, and yet another hurricane on the horizon. As a kid, I don't remember having all these hurricane threats. It seems in the last couple of years it has been just insane. It is very nerve racking for residents in South Florida and the Keys. The coverage on tv is non stop, which isn't a bad thing, the gas stations have long lines, the grocery stores are overrun, schools are closed, and in general nerves are on edge. Your life is put on hold for a few days. I guess those in the North who have to put up with snow every winter are just as bad off as we are. There is no perfect weather state is there?
I rode my bicycle up to the grocery store earlier today to get some batteries, and was listening to some of the chatter of the other customers. Someone told me that they think that this winter is going to be a cold one because the summer was so hot. I made that same comment to my parents over the weekend. I wouldn't mind a cold winter, it would be a nice change of pace, and at this point a welcome relief.
Well, I need to go get my house ready for the impending storm. The winds are picking up a little, but the worst of it shouldn't be here till sometime between midnight tonight, and noon tomorrow, and be done by midnight Tuesday. I will post again when I can, and will try to take some pictures to share. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home