Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hopes and Dreams

Everyone has hopes and dreams, without them existence would be worthless.  About a year and a half ago I decided to go after one of my dreams, to have a real career.  In order to do this, I had to go back to school to finish (or should I say basically start) my degree.  As you can see in my profile, I am a single mother, and I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to handle work, school, and the responsibilities that come with being a single parent.    The first semester, I struggled through two classes while working and caring for my then 10 year old son.  Soon it became obvious to me that I was going somewhere, but not very quickly, and if I was serious, I needed to make a drastic change, so I quit my job and went back to school full time – that was a year ago.  I thought it was the best decision I ever made, well, one other major decision I made in my life was even better, but that is for another time.  Anyway, recently I began questioning if I made the right decision.  I was down on myself, and my confidence level dropped.  I was quickly getting the “I don’t care” attitude about school.  I was telling a good friend about this, and he gave me the boost of confidence I needed.  He said,” I have confidence in you, I love to see people achieve their goals and for you to do that at such a later time in your life is an outstanding effort and one you can be proud of.  Not that you didn't achieve goals at (your past job), but what you are doing now in life is admirable because most people would be looking for a way to stop at this point and be happy with where they are at - not you, I can see you want better and are doing it the right way.  I am proud of you, keep it up and don't stop until you really achieve what your goal is - then, you get to establish new goals.  I was always told to have a long term goal but in order to reach it you must have short term goals to get there.  These short term goals build into stepping stones and self motivators.” The reason I am posting this, is to let anyone else that may be thinking twice about decisions made, that usually your first instinct is the best.  GO FOR IT!  Never give up, I’m not… Thanks David for your confidence in me and your inspiration!  Now I have to go do my Calculus homework!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl you just take my lead when the power was out and the streets were flooded thats the time you say lets ride get out the ski and have fun life is to short for people to be haters some of the people on the other block cheered for me and some cursed me but in the end you only have to answer to your slef for your actions..
So I was having fun while others will lament about and suffer I will think positive in any senero
I lost my wife and child what could be worse then that but life must go on I will rebuild and stive for sucess I aplaud your efforts on your return to school and I support you 100 percent some times life will throw you a curve ball just be ready and hit the next one out of the park.
if you get a lemon make lemonade I think you told me that the other day

Here is one my friend has on his messenger tag

it has nothing to do with this post or conversation but I will throw it out to you.

Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice !

how profound great quote I got three weeks off and alot of cleaning still to do keep the faith and get that degree ! then you can tutor me so I can get one for my self ! eric from WWW.estunts.net see photos then katrina for pics of sking, zack is a few shots !

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home