Friday, September 16, 2005

TGIF

I never realized how hard selling something as simple as sno-cones would be! I volunteered at my son's school today trying to raise money for the end of the year bash for them. We thought we would try selling sno-cones and see how that went over with the students. We posted no signs, and told no students or teachers in advance. We sold the sno-cones for $.50 each, with the hopes of maybe making $20- $30. We wound up making $92!! This was done in two intervals of about 15-20 minutes each, with the majority of it during the second interval. We were amazed, and totally overwhelmed. I am sure that the 95 plus degree heat helped a lot - can't wait till next week to see what happens, I am thinking it was a good idea.
After watching Jay Leno last night, I have to admit I was impressed with Donald Trump. Here is a big business tycoon speaking the truth about the oil companies. He said that they were using Hurricane Katrina as an excuse to raise the prices of gas, that there is no shortage, and never was. I felt like I was listening to myself talk to my older son about 2 weeks ago when he was in search of gas in Tallahassee.
On a lighter subject, I rented two movies last week, but have yet to have time to watch them. I rented "Assault on Precinct 13" and "Hostage". I will let you know how they are when I finally get to them. In the last few weeks I did watch a few good ones - "Million Dollar Baby" was excellent, and I highly recommend it to anyone. I thought, oh gee, another boxing movie, great, but boy was I wrong! I also watched "Ladder 49" which again was excellent, and a pleasant surprise as John Travolta is not one of my favorites. For comedy, "Beauty Shop" is good for a laugh, and the male hair dresser is easy on the eyes!
Have a good Friday night all and I will post again later this weekend. Till then.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a cracking blog here! Without doubt I will suggest my friends take a look at your blog ! I have a cholesterol health news site. It very much covers most things that equates to cholesterol health news stuff. If you have the opportunity, please come and check it out.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Written Word
Some have bemoaned the demise of the written word in modern society. Electronic entertainment and communication are said to be the causes of many a technology-numbed mind.
mortgage refinance we can help you. We can get almost anyone approved for any type of loan you need, including all types of mortgages, refinances, pay day loan advance, auto financing and much more.
www.nwcleasing.com
can help you get the funds you need fast, usually within 24 hours or less.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home