Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hey there loyal readers

Hey there loyal readers, all 3 of you!!  It’s been an interesting week at school, and I am glad it is over (no classes on Fridays for me).  This weekend will be spent catching up on homework and reading for my classes.  It is amazing how easy it is to get behind, but I am determined to stick with it and catch up.  I am really not that far behind, but do need to get on it.  
My brother and fellow blogger is moving to NY soon.  I am happy for him!  I know he has been wanting to do this for a very long time.  NY is filled with opportunity, nothing to say of history.  I know he will not only succeed there, but have a good time doing it.  Not only that, but it will save me hotel money when I go to visit!  
Isn’t it nice of our president to start the first phase of the relief effort for hurricane Katrina victims 3 WEEKS AFTER THE FACT!?!  I know I said in a previous post that you should follow your hopes and dreams, but I think the Prez is not just dreaming, but hallucinating.  He thinks this one speech, telling all those who lost everything they ever had, that things will be just fine, will make everything better.  It is easy for him to say.  After his speech, I am sure he went home to a nice stiff drink, in a nice comfy chair, in an air conditioned room, and will sleep in a comfortable bed tonight.  Meanwhile, back in reality, these evacuees are sleeping on cots if they are lucky, in shelters, far from home with nothing!  The way the government handled this situation just goes to show that we are a nation in trouble.  Everyone ran around in circles, talking a mean game about what they were GOING to do, but little has been done.  Entertainers, sports figures, and just the general population has done more for the hurricane relief then our government – sad! Ok, I guess I am ranting….
Don’t forget to check out my brother’s blog at http://www.mqablog.com !!  

1 Comments:

Blogger MQA said...

What really got me was that reporters and individuals who wanted to help got into the disaster zone within hours while the Federal government took many days. They sure move fast when it comes to helping one of their own but when it comes to lending a hand to the most needy it is a different story. Odd how a group of people who claim that Charles Darwin is wrong about evolution still believe in his idea of Survival of the Fittest when it comes to the lower class.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home